We present a recipe from Italy and adapted to our pleasure to add a different touch with our organic white onion “sofrito”.
- 1brécol romanesco
- 1 small can of anchovies with oil
- 2 tablespoons of organic white onion “sofrito” HORTUS APRODISCAe
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Pasta (to taste)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 handful of pine nuts
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- Flakes of Parmesan cheese
- We begin by separating the branches of romanesco broccoli and steaming it between 15 and 20 minutes. Very cool immediately in cold water so they do not lose chlorophyll and drain.
- Cook the pasta in a pot with lightly salted water. Cooking time to follow the manufacturer’s instructions. Drain the pasta.
- Brown the pine nuts with a pinch of salt in a skillet or wok. When browned, remove from pan and set aside on paper towels.
- In the same skillet or wok, fry the crushed garlic and add the organic white onion “sofrito”.
- Add items anchovies and mix well.
- Pour the pasta, stirring to mix well. Gradually add romanesco broccoli florets and stir with a wooden spoon to mix everything well.
- Add the toasted pine nuts over the pasta in each dish just before serving sprinkle the chopped parsley and Parmesan flakes.
Excerpted and adapted from: http://ow.ly/Ilg0c