Today we present a traditional dish of Catalan cuisine, ideal for autumn with input from the cold and is made with organic whithe onion “sofrito” as a culinary base.
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 1 rabbit farm 1 kg and 200 g approx. purchased clean
- 3 large tomatoes
- 3 potatoes
- 40 g butter
- 4 tablespoons of Organic white onion “sofrito” Hortus Aprodiscae
- Half a glass of water and half a glass of white wine
- 6 cloves of garlic
- Extra virgin olive oil
- We wash the potatoes and introduced into a pot unpeeled. Cover with water and salt, cover the pot and simmer for 20 minutes. Let them temper in the same cooking water.
- While still hot inside, peel and pass through a food mill over the butter at room temperature. Add salt and pepper, mix homogeneously and reserve the puree.
- Cut the rabbit into pieces keeping the shoulders and thighs whole, in a clay pot with a little oil gilded pieces of rabbit.
- Once a golden, about 10 minutes. The reserve. In the same pan and oil add the tomatoes cut into cubes without skin and seeds and whole garlic slices.
- Stir a little. And then we pour the water, wine, bay leaves and rabbit we had booked.
- Cover the pan and let simmer about 45 minutes. During we are stirring and let’s see if we need to add a little water.
- In parallel, add spoonfuls of fried organic white onion “sofrito”, and leave about 15 minutes.
- We can serve the dish accompanied by mashed potatoes.
Where can you find our organic white onion “sofrito”?